The Xero integration is available on the following plans:
- (Older Chargify Plans) Plus, Pro & Big Business plans
- (Newer Chargify Plans) Advanced & Managed plans
Each one of your Chargify statements is synced to Xero as a new Invoice as follows:
A Xero contact is created or updated to match the Chargify customer details
All charges (non-tax line items) are assigned to a single Xero account (accounts receivable) of your choice
Discounts from coupons are computed as line-item discounts
- Taxes are calculated by Xero and added per-line item as follows:
- Any tax rate in Chargify can be assigned to a Xero system tax rate, i.e. GST, for proper tax reporting
- Any tax rate in Chargify that is NOT explicitly mapped to a Xero system tax rate will be “auto-synced” to Xero and used for the line-item
Any discrepancies between the Chargify statement and the Xero invoice totals (due to rounding issues in tax calculations, for example), are reconciled via a special line item assigned to the system rounding account
Unpaid (past due) statements in Chargify are properly reflected as Unpaid Invoices in Xero
Payments made via Chargify are recorded in Xero, assigned to the account (bank account) of your choosing, and applied to the invoice, marking it as paid
- Credits in Chargify (i.e. negative charges) are synced to Xero as Credit Notes that get attached to the invoice.
Please note that this integration is quite new. We require that you test the integration before going live yourself. First try connecting this to your test/staging Chargify site, which in turn can be connected to a test Xero organization. We would love to hear your feedback and bug reports.
- Payment data is not pushed to Xero until a Statement is “closed” in Chargify. This happens only during signup, renewal, and upgrade/downgrade migrations when the payment is successful (which may be after a payment is retried).