Chargify offers the option to edit multiple subscriptions at a time.
- Select the checkboxes next to the subscriptions you’d like to edit.
- Under the Bulk Edit selector, choose Change Billing Date
On the left side of the pop-up, you will be presented a list of Subscribers that will be affected.
Changing the next billing date & time has the following effects:
- It only affects the next billing date - no billing will be performed on the selected subscriptions until the chosen date and time.
- After the next billing, the selected subscriptions will again be billed according to their products’ recurring period.
- None of the subscriptions’ balances, renewal amounts, or billing periods will be changed.
Next Billing Date
Select the new billing date for all subscriptions
Next Billing Time
Select the radio button to keep the existing billing times. This ensures that the actual timestamp of the billing time will not be changed.
Alternately, select change all billing times to bulk select a new billing timestamp. If you want to move all renewals for the selected subscriptions to the same time, we suggest setting the time to 12:00PM.
- Select Update Subscriptions
For more information on billing dates, please see our documentation here.
- Select the checkbox next to the subscriptions you’d like to edit.
- Under the Bulk Edit selector, choose Change Product
- Select the radio button next to the product that you’d like to move the selected subscribers to in Chargify.
On the left side of the pop-up, you will be presented a list of subscribers that will be affected.
Changing the product has the following effects:
- No proration is done - your customer is not charged or credited at this time (if you wish to have proration, then perform an upgrade/downgrade migration from the individual subscription page).
- The selected product immediately becomes the current product listed in the Chargify application and API
- The period will not be affected
- The new product’s charges will be assessed at the start of the next period
- Components are unchanged and component charges will be assessed at the start of the next period
- If the subscription is moving to a different version of the same product, and the new version expires, then the subscription’s expiration will be calculated from the time it was first created. This could cause some subscriptions to become expired immediately upon product change.
- If the subscription is moving to a completely new product, and the new product expires, then the subscription’s expiration will be calculated from today.
- If the subscription is moving to a product that does not expire, the subscription’s expiration date (if any) will be removed and the subscription will never expire
For more information on product changes, please see our documentation here.
To bulk change a group of subscribers to a new version, you will follow the same steps as above under Change Product. However at this junction, select the blue text that denotes older versions of the product.
After you’ve selected the appropriate product, select the version you wish to switch the selected subscribers to within your Chargify site. Select “Move to selected product,” at the end of the product list.
You’ll easily be able to identify that you have switched a subscriber to the new version by viewing the subscription. In the example below, we see that the mention of “v2” next to the product name exemplifies this.