Chargify offers 3 viewing options of a subscriber’s statement for distribution. Below, we’ll cover the examples and how your subscribers will be presented their recent history over the last billing period.
Below is an HTML version of a subscriber’s statement. This version of a statement can be sent to a customer via an email (HTML). To control whether or not your subscribers receive statements, you can enable this feature under Statement Settings
Below is a PDF version of a subscriber’s statement. This version of a statement can be sent as an attachment when sending a Subscriber their statement email. You can elect to include this as an attachment by electing to attach a PDF statement to email when contacting your Subscribers.
This is an example of the text content from the body of the statement email. It’s used to construct the HTML version of the statement email.
When you elect to add a logo to your site via Public Page Default Settings, it becomes available for use in Statements, as well. The placement of the logo is fixed in the upper left hand corner, above Account Information. For instructions on how to include the logo on your statements, please see the corresponding article here.
Account information is comprised of two facets of your customer’s subscription:
The current charges and adjustments portion of your statement detail includes any transactions that were assessed against the subscription in the given time period of the statement. You can see in the example above that the following is listed for every transaction:
- Date/Time: The timestamp of the transaction
- Type: The type of transaction
- Detail: The product purchase, tax or other underlying reason for the charge. For more information on transactions, please see the types of transactions Chargify reports.
- Charge: The amount of the transaction
- Date/Time: The timestamp of the payment
- Type: The method of payment
- Detail: Can be one of the following: the name of the credit card holder, memo in relation to the external payment, credit applied from previous balance
- Charge: The amount of the payment
The period activity portion of the statement correllates with the activity section of your subscriber’s summary. However, this activity is limited to the current billing period.