We recommend testing the integration in a Salesforce test environment prior to enabling in production. You can signup for a Salesforce developer account free of charge or create an additional sandbox environment in your existing Salesforce account.
Download the Chargify for Salesforce package from the Salesforce AppExchange.
You will receive a 14-day free trial. Please contact Chargify support to purchase user licenses if you wish to continue the service.
Chargify offers a paid Salesforce installation assistance service. Please submit a request if you’re interested in having our team of experts install and configure the integration on your behalf.
- Select which users you’d like to have access to the Chargify application.
We recommend viewing our permissions set instructions to understand how to structure access to the integration in your Salesforce account.
- Choose “Install”
- When the install is complete, select “Done”
Once installation is complete, you will automatically be redirected to the Installed Packages page in Salesforce. This process may take a few minutes.
This installation guide is broken up into 4 sections:
- 1. Installation Basics: Initial steps
- 2. Contacts, Accounts, Products & Opportunities: Configuring layouts, etc
- 3. Webhooks: Allow data to flow between Chargify and Salesforce
- 4. Configuration: Setting preferences for the integration and sync information
You can view the version installed in your Salesforce account by going to Setup -> Build -> Installed Packages.
The most recent version of the managed package will always be available in the AppExchange listing.
- Go to the Chargify for Salesforce AppExchange listing
- Choose “Get It Now”
- Login to your Salesforce account
- Install into the appropriate environment
- Agree to terms and Confirm
- Install update for the appropriate users
You will be notified when new versions become available. The notifications will include release notes to indicate features that were added or removed, affects on custom or standard fields, as well as details about bug fixes and severity.
- In the App Menu, select the Chargify App
- All Chargify tabs will be configured
- Product Families
- Chargify Configuration
- Chargify Settings
- Chargify Logs
- Go to Setup → Security Controls → Remote Site Settings
- Create a New Remote Site
- Remote Site Name (supports lower case characters and underscores only)
- Remote Site URL (ie. https://subdomain.chargify.com)
- Enable Active checkbox