The Salesforce integration has a permissions set, “Provide Permissions to Chargify”, that must be granted to the Site Guest User (which receives and handles webhooks) and any user with a license that will use the integration. These permission sets are automatically updated as new fields and objects are added to the integration; this means that you won’t need to manually update permissions as new updates are released.
To add the permission set to standard users:
- Go to Setup > Manage Users > Permission Sets
- Select ‘Provide Permissions to Chargify’ > Manage Assignments > Add Assignments
- Assign permission set to all users with access to the Chargify integration
To add the permission set for the Site User:
- Go to Setup > Develop > Sites
- Click on the site label for the Chargify Site
- Select Public Access Settings > View Users
- Choose the Site User
- Click on ‘Edit Assignments’ in the ‘Permission Set Assignments’ section
- Add “Provide Permissions to Chargify” to right column
Occasionally the Chargify support staff will require access to your Salesforce Org in order to diagnose a problem. Rather than providing your login information, you can enable support access once the Chargify for Salesforce package has been installed.
- Go to “My Settings”
- In left column click Personal > Grant Account Login Access
- Enable Chargify Support by selecting duration in dropdown (depending on the issue, 1 week is recommended)
If the option to grant access isn’t available, one of the following situations may be applicable:
- A system admin disabled the ability for non-admins to grant access.
- The user doesn’t have a license for the package.
- The package is licensed to the entire org. Only admins with the “Manage Users” permission can grant access.
- The org preference Administrators Can Log in as Any User is enabled.
The integration allows you to select the desired stage for trialing subscriptions when a new Opportunity is created, or to retain the stage when a trialing subscription is linked to an existing Opportunity. Opportunities will automatically convert to
Closed/Won when the subscription transitions to an Active state.
Opportunities and Contact Roles are automatically linked in Salesforce.
- If the Opportunity and Contact already exist and Contact Role was already associated with the Opportunity, the integration will not alter the existing Contact Role when the subscription information is attached to the existing Opportunity.
- If a new Contact or Opportunity is created by the integration, the Contact Role will be assigned as “other” and the Contact with matching email address will be associated with the Opportunity.
If the delayed product change was initiated in the Chargify user interface or Billing Portal, there is no webhook associated with these actions, so it will not reflect in Salesforce. You will need to cancel the delayed product change within Chargify.
However, if the delayed product change was initiated from within Salesforce, then Salesforce will record this information. You will be able to select the “Cancel Delayed Product Change” button in the Opportunity.
Currently you cannot delete external payments or refunds inside Salesforce. This action can only be done in Chargify.
Billing addresses may only be pushed to Chargify when creating a subscription or adding/updating a payment profile.
Timestamps will be converted and displayed in the timezone set in your Salesforce Org settings, or user settings. For example, if the Chargify site timezone is set to Eastern time and the Salesforce Org and user are set to Pacific time, a Next Billing At time would appear as 4PM Eastern in Chargify and 1PM Pacific in Salesforce.
If renewals aren’t updating, it is likely that the webhook configuration is not setup properly. The initial sync that takes place when you hit submit in the Chargify Configuration tab is an API sync. However, all subsequent customer and subscription updates are completed via webhook.
Please check to see if your webhooks are still active within the Chargify webhook panel in Settings –> Webhooks. For more information, please click here.
Each Customer sync is 100 Customers. Each Subscription sync is 200 Subscriptions. When syncing large amounts of Chargify records, this allows ample time for your workflows and triggers to process without timing out the API batch sync.
The subscriptions import batch size is set to 200 records per batch by default. If your Salesforce Org has a lot of triggers and workflows, you may encounter COU timeout errors. To resolve these errors, you can reduce the batch size for Subscriptions from 200 to a lesser value.
- Go to Setup.
- Search Custom Settings in Quick Find Box and click Custom Settings under develop.
- There will be a custom setting named ‘Batch Size’, click on manage link adjacent to this custom setting.
- Click on New button (for reference go through attached screenshot).
- Then enter ‘Subscription Batch Size’ manually (max batch size can be 200 and min batch size can be 1).
It’s possible to reduce the per-page size of the Portal batch, which is using to retrieve and update Billing Portal information from Chargify. This is done via the ‘Chargify Portal Batch Size’ setting in the ‘Batch Size’ Custom Setting.
To change the size of the Portal batch:
- Go to Setup.
- Search for ‘Custom Settings’ in the quick find box along the lefthand side and click on it.
- Click on the Custom Setting named ‘Batch Size’.
- Press the Manage button.
- Check if any record exists.
- If a record exists, then edit it and change the value in “Chargify Portal Batch Size” from 0 to 50.
- Otherwise, create the new record and modify this value from 0 to 50.
There are three additional settings that need to be added for each Chargify subdomain:
- Additional Remote Site(s) in Salesforce
- Additional Custom Settings in Salesforce
- Additional webhook endpoint(s) in Chargify
Once the above settings are added as needed, the subdomain and API key of each new Chargify site may be added to the Chargify Configuration.
Yes, we released Person Account support in September 2018. By default, the integration works with Business accounts only. You will need to configure your settings to enable Person Accounts.
Merchants have accomplished this by creating custom fields for ARR and MRR in Opportunities, checking the Line items in the Standard Price Book for product and components, getting the totals, checking the product intervals in the Products object, and calculating by multiplying or dividing the totals by the interval.
For example, if an Opportunity has a product attached to the Standard Price Book that shows $12 total, the Chargify Interval for that product (visible in the Products object) is “12” and Chargify Interval Unit is “month”, you would divide the $12 total by 12 to get MRR.
Another example would be if an Opportunity has a product attached to the Standard Price Book that shows $1 total, the Chargify Interval for that product (visible in the Products object) is “1” and Chargify Interval Unit is “month”, you would multiply the $1 total by 12 to get ARR.
Yes, you can download the log files at any time in the list view by selecting “Download Chargify Logs”.