In order to enable the Chargify integration for a specific profile, the Custom and Standard Object Permissions settings below must be enabled:
You also must enable field level security settings for any profile that will access the Chargify integration. Please note that you’ll need to enable profile settings for every Field Label in the list.
When there is a delayed product change active for a subscription, can I cancel the product change within Salesforce?
If the delayed product change was initiated from within Salesforce, you will be able to select the “Cancel Delayed Product Change” button in the Opportunity.
Please note that if the delayed product change was initiated in the Chargify user interface or billing portal, there is no webhook associated with these actions, so it will not reflect in Salesforce. You will need to cancel the delayed product change within Chargify.
Currently you cannot delete external payments or refunds inside Salesforce. This action can only be done in Chargify.
Billing Address can only be pushed to Chargify when creating a subscription or adding/updating a payment profile.
Timestamps will be converted and displayed in the timezone set in your Salesforce Org settings, or user settings. For example, if the Chargify site timezone is set to Eastern Time and the Salesforce org and user are set to Pacific Time, a Next Billing At time may appear as 4pm Eastern in Chargify and 1pm Pacific in Salesforce.
Currently the integration only works with Business Accounts. However, the Account name will use the Organization name in the Chargify customer record and if one doesn’t exist, it will revert to using the first and last name of the customer.
Opportunities can use the “Product” name or “Organization + Product” name (depending on what you select in the Configuration settings). If you’ve selected “Organization + Product” and no Organization name exists, the Account name will revert to using “First Name and Last Name + Product”.
Opportunities and Contact Roles are automatically linked in Salesforce.
- If the Opportunity and Contact already exist and Contact Role was already associated with the Opportunity, the integration will not alter the existing Contact Role when the subscription information is attached to the existing Opportunity.
- If a new Contact or Opportunity is created by the integration, the Contact Role will be assigned as “other” and the Contact with matching email address will be associated with the Opportunity.
Merchants have accomplished this by creating custom fields for ARR and MRR in Opportunities, check the Line items in the Standard Price Book for product and components, get the totals, check the product intervals in the Products object, and calculate by multiplying or dividing the totals by the interval.
For example, if an Opportunity has a product attached to the Standard Price Book that shows $12 total, the Chargify Interval for that product (visible in the Products object) is “12” and Chargify Interval Unit is “month”, you would divide the $12 total by 12 to get MRR.
Another example would be if an Opportunity has a product attached to the Standard Price Book that shows $1 total, the Chargify Interval for that product (visible in the Products object) is “1” and Chargify Interval Unit is “month”, you would multiply the $1 total by 12 to get ARR.
Each Customer sync is 100 Customers. Each Subscription sync is 200 Subscriptions. When syncing large amounts of Chargify records, this allows ample time for your workflows and triggers to process wihtout timing out the API batch sync.
If renewals aren’t updating, it is likely that the webhook configuration is not setup properly. The initial sync that takes place when you hit submit in the Chargify Configuration tab is an API sync. However, all subsequent customer and subscription updates are completed via webhook.
Please check to see if your webhooks are still active within the Chargify webhook panel in Settings –> Webhooks. For more information, please click here on webhook configurations for SalesForce.
The integration allows you to select the desired stage for Trialing subscriptions when a new Opportunity is created, or to retain the stage when a Trialing subscription is linked to an existing Opportunity. Opportunities will automatically convert to
Closed/Won when the subscription transitions to an Active state.
Yes, you can download the log files at any time in the list view by selecting “Download Chargify Logs”.
I installed the Chargify package prior to 12/1/2017 and an receiving errors about storing Transactions?
A feature was released on 12/1/2017 in version 4.70 that allows you to store Transactions in Salesforce for reporting purposes. A custom object was added to the Opportunity layout that requires additional permissions. Please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Add Transactions object to Opportunity layout.
- Edit Opportunity Layout
- Select “Related Lists”
- Drag and drop “Chargify Transactions” into layout
Step 2: Enable Site permissions for Chargify Transactions object.
- Go to Setup > Develop > Sites
- Click Site label
- Public Access Settings
- Enable all for “Chargify Transactions” under “Custom Object Permissions”
Step 3: Enable field permissions for Chargify Transactions object for each relevant profile.
- Go to Setup > Create > Objects
- Click “Chargify Settings” Label
- Click “Transaction Options” field label under “Custom Fields & Relationships”
- Choose “Set Field-Level Security”
- Make “Visible” for all relevant profiles with access to the integration
Repeat Step 3 for the following fields:
- Chargify Transaction Type (Chargify_Transactions__c)
- Chargify Amount in Cents (Chargify_Amount_In_Cents__c)
- Chargify Created At (Chargify_Created_At__c)
- Chargify Ending Balance In Cents (Chargify_Ending_Balance_In_Cents__c)
- Chargify Kind (Chargify_Kind__c)
- Chargify Memo (Chargify_Memo__c)
- Chargify Transaction Id (Chargify_Transaction_Id__c)
- Chargify Transaction Unique Id (Chargify_Transaction_Unique_Id__c)
- Opportunity (Opportunity__c, lookup to Opportunity record)
Step 4: Enable Field Accessibility for all relevant profiles.
- Go to Security Controls > Field Accessibility
- Click “Chargify Setting”
- View By Profiles
- Select profile from dropdown
- Select “Field Access” option next to “Chargify Since Date”
- Select “Visible” under “Page Layout” section
- Select “Field Access” option next to “Chargify Until Date”
- Select “Visible” under “Page Layout” section
Occasionally the Chargify support staff will require access to your Salesforce Org in order to diagnose a problem. Rather than providing your login information, you can enable support access once the CHargify for Salesforce package has been installed.
- Go to “My Settings”
- In left column click Personal > Grant Account Login Access
- Enable Chargify Support by selecting duration in dropdown (depending on the issue, 1 week is recommended)