Chargify has compiled the following workflows for merchants to use as the basis of working with Relationship Invoicing. We encourage all Chargify merchants that are new to these workflows to practice each of these setups in a sandbox environment.
If you’re new to WhoPays and hierarchies, we encourage you to refer to our documentation as a reference.
- This workflow assumes you have an existing group.
- How to create a new customer is omitted for brevity, but covered above.
- How to edit / manage subscription groups is omitted for brevity.
- Additionally, it assumes you have an understanding of how parent-child relationships work in Chargify.
In the above image, we’re creating a new subscription in Chargify. We’re using the existing “New Group Member” customer. This customer has a parent that will be used in the next steps.
In the above image, we’re changing the default choice (red X) for WhoPays to the top-level parent for the customer. This step is imperative in associating the new subscription’s WhoPays to the right level.
- This workflow assigns WhoPays to a new subscription
- It assumes you have existing customers and hierarchies
- To begin, create a new subscription
- Select an existing customer that is in a hierarchy with an assigned parent
- or, create a new customer and select a parent on-the-fly