Both the creation of new offers and the cloning of existing offers use the Offer Builder interface shown below. At this time offers are unable to be edited once saved.
The basic parameters of a Offer are:
- Name The name that users will see for this offer. This is a required field.
- Handle The unique identifier to be used in API calls concerning this offer, end users will not see this. The valid characters here are the set of lowercase alphanumeric characters as well as numbers, dashes and underscore. Handles have to be unique within the site they are part of.
- Description A textual denotation which is not shown to the end user, used primarily for internal purposes. This is an optoinal field.
- Product The product assigned to this offer. This is a required field.
- Components Additional items you may want to add from your catalog. See Components. This is an optional field.
- Coupons Discounts you may want to add to this offer. See Coupons. You are limited to adding 10 stackable coupons to an offer. This is an optional field.
Selecting the “Add Product” button will display the dialog box show below.
Only active products for the given site will be shown in this view. The product’s default price point will be attached to the offer by default and will be locked to the offer, even if the default changes in the future. A different price point can be selected by clicking the “Change Price Point” option.
Selecting the “Add Component” button will display the dialog box show below.
Only relevant components for the given product selection will be shown in this view. As a result this button is disabled until that selection is made.
Once a component is selected you will have some additional options to set for that component:
- Price Point Allows you to set the price point to be used for the component on this offer. This allows you to set the price point for a component even if you aren’t allocating an amount on offer signup.
- Quantity Allows you to set the default allocated amount for the component. For quantity and metered based components you will set a numeric value. For on/off components you will select if the default is to be “On” or “Off”.
Selecting the “Add Coupon” button will display the dialog box show below.
Only relevant coupons for the given product selection will be shown in this view. As a result this button is disabled until that selection is made. Other coupon restrictions such as combining stackable and non-stackable coupons are enforced here as well. You can read all about this in the Coupons section.